” What an incredible presentation!“
“Thank you, Roxane!“
Words used to describe Roxane include “authentic”, “inspirational”, “humorous”, and “real”.
Roxane Battle leaves audiences energized, inspired, and joy-filled. She is a Keynote Speaker, Panelist, Moderator, and Emcee. Roxane uses a blend of personal stories from her own life, humor, audience engagement, and practical advice to prepare her audiences to tackle life… and win!
PSYCHOLOGICAL SAFETY/ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT:
POCKETS OF JOY: FURTHER, FASTER, TOGETHER
While it’s true the only constant in life is change, it still isn’t easy, even if we see it coming, especially when we don’t. Whether it is the Great Disruption, Great Resignation, Quiet Quitting, or wave after wave of record layoffs, the way we work has changed. As an executive inside Fortune 5 UnitedHealth Group, the largest healthcare corporation in the world, Roxane gleaned real-time expertise on what it takes to thrive in tumultuous times.
In her signature, visual presentation: Pockets of Joy: Further, Faster, Together, Roxane shares the most updated research on work trends such as building trust, belonging and inclusion, and practical mental health tools. Through her natural and engaging storytelling, she offers key transformative coping strategies, which will position your team to do their best work and leave them feeling more joyful, less anxious and stressed.
- “Why” vs. “How” = “WHAT” – reframe difficulty and alleviate anxiety and stress.
- D.R.E.S.S.ing for Success – create safe spaces where team members show up, innovate, collaborate, and do their best work.
- Navigating Conflict – move through conflict successfully and avoid collaborative stagnation.
- The Power of the Pause – what to do when you don’t know what to do.
- Effective Communication – specific examples of what to say and how to say it, when.
- Empathetic Leadership – why what you do as a leader is more important than what you say
- Taking A.I.M. – look forward, find joy, and win!
Be Kind to Yourself
CHANGE AND TRANSITION/WORK-LIFE MERGE:
POCKETS OF JOY: LESSONS FROM THE MONARCH
Imagine if… we could manage transitions in life in a way that allows us to find joy.
In this inspirational talk, Roxane Battle blends elements of positive psychology and mindfulness with deeply personal stories of her emotional and often tumultuous transition out of a high-profile television news anchor career into a new and fulfilling life.
It’s a journey that produced real-life lessons and authentic happiness. Through candor, humor, and engaging storytelling Roxane will equip your audience with takeaways they can implement immediately to help them see life’s challenges not as obstacles, but as opportunities to experience authentic joy:
- Acceptance – an effective process that can reduce anxiety and lead to effective problem-solving.
- Authenticity – embracing your true self, crafting a life plan for happiness.
- Alone Time – the difference between loneliness and solitude, and how to harness alone time to find joy.
- Attitude – is indeed everything especially an attitude of gratitude- how to overcome a challenge and find lasting joy.
POCKETS OF JOY: WORDS TO SAY ON YOUR WAY TO FEELING BETTER
Once considered a soft skill, effective communication is now considered a top hard skill by employers and team leaders. Yet, public speaking is also a number one fear.
Roxane has spent her entire adult life in front of audiences. A gifted communicator and master in the art of public speaking, in this transformative presentation, she walks you through how to say “no” and mean it, how to navigate tough conversations, without getting stressed out, and the secrets of giving a really great talk.
- It’s how we’re wired – why public speaking is a #1 fear and how to overcome it.
- Behind every “no” is a “yes” – how to effectively communicate, enforce and respect boundaries.
- Difficult conversations – keys to navigating conflict.
- Words to say – precise words and phrases and when to say them.
“Thank you for speaking at our conference, Roxane! You were the cherry on the top!! Your energy and ability to engage with the speakers was so impressive!”
– Becky Lauseng, PPHR, SHRM-CP
“Thank you for all you did at the TCSHRM Spring Conference. I love your style and energy!”
– Melissa Daudt Hoepner, MAOM, SHRM-SCP
“Thank you for sharing, Roxane, and for always speaking your truth. You are making a difference as you continue to raise awareness on how to bring mental health and healing to communities of color. Thank you for all you’re doing!”
– Anita Richardson
“Roxane, thank you for speaking truth to power. You are a gifted leader who helps us all grow and understand the challenges many face in our community!”
– Dave Rosen
“I was inspired by what you spoke about and said to us during this presentation. Not because it was filled with positivity and motivation, but because it was REAL. People like you help us heal and move forward and make change and feel hopeful in the face of continued trials.”
– Monica Uri
“What an incredible presentation! Just so much here. Thank you, Roxane!“
– Virtual Attendee
Book Roxane Now:
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION MONTH
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
“Thank you, Roxane, for sharing your meaningful insight and perspectives on inclusion in the workplace. The room was inspired!”
– Dorsey & Whitney LLP
“Roxane Battle, you are the best panel host I have ever worked with. You are authentic and curious. Thank you for allowing me to be me each time we work together.”
– Dr. Cleopatra Lightfoot-Booker, Psy.D.
“Thank you so much for your incredible work all weekend!”
– Optum, Essence Festival of Culture Corporate Sponsor.
“Thanks for being such an amazing advocate, Roxane!”
– Laura Richards, attendee
20+ YEARS HOSTING GALAS & CORPORATE FUNDRAISERS
“It was such a pleasure working with you and we were lucky to secure you. You helped make our event great. We received outstanding feedback from our 500+ sellers and others who attended. Thank you!”
– Lisa Pettigrew, Global Chief Sales Officer, Avanade, Inc.